I've turned 27, and need more make up!


Did someone say Birthday Haul?! Hells yes! First of all, I just want to say I had an absolutely amazing birthday. Superman film, city farm, sea food and ribs and Derren Brown! What more could a girl ask for? Well, how about a load of new make up and beauty stuff!

I don't really have any high end make up, I'm a bit stingy and always go for drugstore stuff, but in my eyes birthdays and christmas is the perfect time to try out stuff that you wouldn't normally buy for yourself.

I got two gift sets from Benefit, which is a brilliant way to try out a range of their items.

The Bronze of Champions includes a Watts Up! highlighter, a creaseless cream shadow in Bikini Tini, a powder eye shadow in Thanks a Latte, Hoola Bronzer Powder, an Ultra Plush Lip Gloss in Hoola and They're Real! Beyond Mascara.

Do the Bright Thing contains  "That Gal" Brightening Face Primer, Dandelion blush, the High Beam highlighter, They're Real! Mascara and BADgal Liner.

I love the packaging of these, and although I haven't tried most of these items yet, the ones I have I have really been loving, especially the subtle pink blush.

The rest of my items you may recognise from a certain wish list I posted earlier on my blog, so I'm really psyched about these items.



The Stila In the Know palette is an all matte natural eyeshadow palette which comes with a grey smudge stick eyeliner. I. Love. It. I have used this palette every day since I got it. The shadows are so smooth, and these colours are all right up my street.

Next is the Aesop Parsley Seed mask. I've been wanting to try this for ages so I'm really pleased to get it.

Last but not least is my Shu Uemura eyelash curlers. Now I had heard lots of good things about these, but as I said before, I'm cheap. I had a really cheap pair of eyelash curlers and they didn't really do much for me but I couldn't see how spending more money on another pair would make a difference. Boy do they make a difference! Seriously, I am never going back to cheap eyelash curlers again. These curl so well, and really hold all day. It makes such a difference to my lashes.

So, in summery, I'm a pretty lucky lady.

Although, not sure if I'm getting more interested in make up as I get older...or whether I just need it more. Hmm...

0 comments:

Post a Comment